The image above is an oil painting I completed two weeks ago. I forgot to measure it, but you should be able to get a sense of the size because you can see Josh behind it holding it up. It's the first painting I did since October so I'm pretty pleased with it. It was also the first time I worked from a photograph and it wasn't as awful as I thought it would be. It was fun to work on and I think I captured what I wanted to from the photograph but still kept it a painting. And now it is to be hung in a private residence in South Carolina, which is a fancy way to say Josh's parents' house. Right now I guess it's untitled, but untitled pieces bother me so I'll title it something clever soon...
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Please don't hold your breath between posts
So I'm awful at updating. I know. It's clear. I haven't posted for 4 months, which is sad because I actually have been creating stuff. Just not photographing it. I have some really cool glass pieces I did earlier this spring and I finished my stone giraffe in February. I'll get around to photographing them soon so I can share them with you all.

The image above is an oil painting I completed two weeks ago. I forgot to measure it, but you should be able to get a sense of the size because you can see Josh behind it holding it up. It's the first painting I did since October so I'm pretty pleased with it. It was also the first time I worked from a photograph and it wasn't as awful as I thought it would be. It was fun to work on and I think I captured what I wanted to from the photograph but still kept it a painting. And now it is to be hung in a private residence in South Carolina, which is a fancy way to say Josh's parents' house. Right now I guess it's untitled, but untitled pieces bother me so I'll title it something clever soon...
The image above is an oil painting I completed two weeks ago. I forgot to measure it, but you should be able to get a sense of the size because you can see Josh behind it holding it up. It's the first painting I did since October so I'm pretty pleased with it. It was also the first time I worked from a photograph and it wasn't as awful as I thought it would be. It was fun to work on and I think I captured what I wanted to from the photograph but still kept it a painting. And now it is to be hung in a private residence in South Carolina, which is a fancy way to say Josh's parents' house. Right now I guess it's untitled, but untitled pieces bother me so I'll title it something clever soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Since I have lost a little weight, it may be difficult to tell that the painting is 24 by 30 inches. What is not difficult to tell is that this is a beautiful painting and I am very proud of you Marika.
I love the beautiful painting within a painting...the recreation of a Josh holding the other work is flawless and nothing short of inspired!
Post a Comment