
So here are two of the pieces I made on Jan 19/20 in my Intermediate Glassblowing class. In the first one, it's pretty easy to see that I messed up. The bubble started to fold in on itself inside the gloryhole and alas, it couldn't be saved. But I decided to keep working on it because it was also my first attempt at a color wrap around the piece and I thought it would make a cool sculpture. Which I was right about. I can totally stick a candle in it.

The second piece was my second and better attempt at a wrap, although originally, I was planning on making just a plain straight cylinder. When things started to go awry, I thought it was a perfect time to make my first flippy bowl, since I've watched it done dozens of times but never tried it myself. I like it! It looks like an upside down hat or something. Anyway, I'm going to give it to my grandma to put chocolates in. mmmmm.
Thoughts welcome.
5 comments:
i would totally wear that on my head.
wow, lady friend. these are super awesome.
i especially like the folded-accident-bubble one. you are a sculptress extraordinnaire!
they're beautiful! i think you should continue the glass blowing! i am really happy about this blog and art-sharing. when will you post the giraffe? it should be finished soon, right?
Mika,
I believe whatever your hands touch turns into something artsy. The glass pieces have a lot of personality in them - ever flowing, never ending...
Keep it up!
Tito B.
Yay! you posted something. They are beautiful! Its hard to tell from the picture but is the first one enclosed except for the top? If it is, it would be a sweet fish tank. The green would look like seaweed or other undersea plant-life.
Post a Comment